- *This can also be used as a soup base.
- ½ poblano pepper
- ½ jalapeño pepper
- 1 whole red bell pepper (sweet)
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 roma tomatoes (2 diced for later)
- Blend the above ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Then place in sauté pan with:
- 13 oz coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cayenne (or to taste)
Description / Directions
Simmer for 20 minutes, then add another 2 diced tomatoes.
Simmer an additional 20 minutes.
Use as a sauce on vegetable stir-fry or add a few vegetables, additional coconut milk and water for a spicy soup.
Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Note: depending on the heat units of the pepper used this can very spicy!