- 1 cup quinoa that has been soaked in 2 cups water at least 6 hours and rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups Alkalizing Vegetable Mineral Broth or water
- 10 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 bunch chard, washed and chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup soaked sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Description / Directions
Add quinoa and a bay leaf to 1 ½ cups water or broth and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
While quinoa is cooking, sauté the mushrooms and garlic in ¼ cup of water or broth, until soft. Add remaining water and asparagus and cook covered until bright green (this won’t take long), then add chard, cook until both are tender.
Remove bay leaf and add mixture to quinoa.
Add the soaked sliced almonds and stir well.
Drizzle with olive oil.