- 1 cup red quinoa soaked overnight in 2 cups water
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup dried cherries, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds, plus extra for garnish (in the off seasons you can add chopped grapes or dried cherries instead)
- ½ cup raw, soaked pumpkin seeds, chopped, plus extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- Maple syrup to taste
Description / Directions
Rinse soaked quinoa and add to 1 cup water in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid.
Bring to a boil, stir once, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Do not remove lid. Remove from heat and set aside covered, for 10 minutes.
Stir in all other ingredients, reserving extras for garnish.
Let cool to room temperature, serve heaped on a platter garnished liberally with dried fruit, pumpkin seeds, and pomegranate seeds.
Drizzle with maple syrup.