- A delicious vegetable broth made from organically grown vegetables can be an excellent source of essential electrolytes.
- Dice 3-4 unpeeled organically grown potatoes of any variety.
- Dice one small organically grown onion.
- Thinly slice 3-4 stalks of fresh organically grown celery.
- Thinly slice 1 or 2 fresh organically grown carrots.
- Chop a large handful of organically grown greens such as kale or chard.
- A finely diced sweet potato or yam adds a wonderful flavor, if you like.
Description / Directions
Place in 3 quarts of pure clean or distilled water.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Strain the liquid and discard the veggies.
Drink and enjoy.
Don’t be afraid to experiment! Adding a teaspoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar and a dash (or more) of cayenne pepper livens up the flavor. Fresh or dried organically grown herbs such as parsley, oregano, thyme, savory or any salt-free, msg-free and other additive free herbal seasoning blend can be added for extra flavor. Truly, any organically grown vegetable of your liking can be added to the broth.