- 1 cup cooked quinoa (start with ½ cup quinoa)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in ½ inch thick pieces
- 2 sweet onions cut into ½ in thick rounds
- 3 large Portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper flakes or crushed hot red pepper according to taste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
Description / Directions
It is best to rinse and then soak the quinoa for at least 6 hours ahead of time. Quinoa will sprout “little tails.”
Rinse again and cover with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, stir and cover and let steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
Place all vegetables, water, lemon juice and red pepper on a baking pan. Roast in oven until tender.
Combine quinoa, roasted vegetables and remaining ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Serve.