- ¼ cup organic raw balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp organic minced dried garlic
- ½ tsp organic dried rosemary
- ½ tsp organic dried thyme
- ½ tsp organic dried basil
- ½ tsp organic dried oregano
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ⅛ tsp organic cayenne pepper or paprika
- 3 organic bell peppers
- 3 organic zucchini or other variety of summer squash
- 2 large organic onions
- ¼ cup organic olive oil - save to drizzle on vegetables after cooking
Description / Directions
Marinating vegetables ahead of time is a wonderful way to make vegetable dishes a bit more interesting.
You may also add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, eggplant, bulb fennel root or whatever vegetables appeal to you.
Combine all ingredients but the veggies in a large bowl.
Cut bell peppers into large pieces, discarding seeds and membranes. Cut summer squash, onions and whatever other vegetables you choose to add into a size similar to the peppers.
Add vegetables to marinade; toss to coat.
Cover and chill for two hours or longer.
To prepare, simply roast the vegetables in the marinade, in a shallow baking dish in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle olive oil over veggies and serve. May be served over quinoa or millet or enjoyed as is.